Join me October 3rd for a mystery KAL to create a fabulous cowl featuring four colors of gorgeous Kenzie yarn. I am recently obsessed with color knitting (subject of my next book) and am very excited to bring you this new pattern!
Kenzie just may be the perfect tweed. New Zealand merino, angora and alpaca lend softness and body, nylon lends strength and silk noils contribute delicate texture and color accents. The smooth, round 3-ply yarn knits into a cohesive fabric that blooms when wet blocked. The angora haze is just fuzzy enough to lend a cozy feel, but not so fuzzy that it will obscure any stitch patterning.
Colormatic magically combines colors and stitch patterns for high impact. Four skeins (one of each color) will yield a cowl up to 32″. Eight skeins (two of each color) will yield an infinity cowl up to 68″ to wear fashionably doubled.
The toughest part of the pattern is color selection – they are all beautiful! Look here for a complete listing of colors. The featured sample was knit with #1000 Pavlova (natural), #1006 Kumara (orange), #1007 Kiwi (bright green) and #1009 Oceania (navy). I can’t wait to see what colors you choose.
The design is lots of fun for both novice and veteran color knitters. I will have new videos, of course, to help you along the way and questions are monitored daily. Beware, EVERYONE will want you to knit one for them – it makes a great Holiday gift.
Need more incentive? Completed cowls may be entered in the prize drawing to win a set of addi Clicks generously supplied by our sponsor, Skacel Collection.
Here is how the KAL works:
A portion of the four-part mystery pattern is revealed each Thursday at 9am EDT beginning October 3rd at knitpurlhunter.com Questions are answered daily both on the website and in the Knit Purl Hunter group on Ravelry. There is no registration and it’s FREE!
Size – Small 24-32″ (Large up to 68″)
- 4 (8) skeins Kenzie by HiKoo, 50% New Zealand merino, 25% nylon, 10% angora, 10% alpaca, 5% silk noils 1(2) each in four different colors.
- US #7 (4.5mm) 16” circular needle
- US #8 (5mm) 16” circular needle
- Size G or H crochet hook
• Waste yarn – 2 yards
• Removable stitch markers
Gauge – Approximately 20 stitches = 4 inches with smaller needle.
Please join me July 4th for a Summer Rerun of one of my favorite KALs – Center of Attention!
Why Center of Attention?
For every skein of Trekking XXL “Susanne” purchased, our sponsor Skacel will donate $10 to the Marsha Rivkin Center for Ovarian Cancer Research.
We know that many knitters choose pursuits other than knitting in the warmer months so we are waiting until Fall to debut a new yarn and pattern. (I promise, you will be dazzled!) Also, with so many new participants in the KAL, it will be fun introducing them to this great toe up sock design. If you have been a faithful KALer from the start, use the opportunity to donate to a good cause and knit another pair to get a jump on your holiday projects.
• Trekking XXL – 75% Superwash Wool, 25% Nylon – 459 yards/100g (one skein). Sample knit in Color “Susanne”.
• Size 1 (2.5mm) needles or size necessary to achieve desired gauge. Pattern may be knit with double points, two circular knitting method or magic loop.
• Cable needle
Size – Women’s Medium and Large
Gauge – 8 stitches per inch in stockinette
What is the Progressive Needles KAL?
The Knit Along is a month-long mystery knit with a portion of the original pattern revealed each week. All of the techniques are supported with the online video instruction you’ve come to rely on from Knit Purl Hunter. Questions are answered daily should you need any assistance. It’s like having your own private knitting tutor!
How do I get started?
There is no registration and it is absolutey FREE! Simply go to the Knit Purl Hunter website and click on the KAL icon. The clues are released every Thursday at 9am EST beginning July 4th.
Join me April 4th for
A two-colored shawlette perfect as a stylish neck accessory or to warm the shoulders on a cool spring evening!
Ridgely features techniques new to the Progressive Needles KAL all supported with video instruction.
Prizes supplied by our sponsor, Skacel Collection, include a set of addi-Clicks.
- 3 skeins Cobasi – 2 Main Color, 1 Contrasting Color. Sample knit with two skeins #7 (MC) and one skein #3 (CC).
- US #6 (4mm) needles, straight or circular, or size needed to obtain gauge of 7 sts = 1 inch in stockinette.
- OPTIONAL: Crochet hook for finishing technique, size B or C
How does the Knit Along (KAL) work?
- A portion of the pattern is posted every Thursday in April at knitpurlhunter.com
- Questions are monitored daily on my website and on Ravelry in the Knit Purl Hunter group
- Completed projects are eligible for prizes furnished by our sponsor, Skacel Collection
- No registration is required
- It’s FREE!
Join me for the next installation of the Progressive Needles Knit Along as we knit the incredibly fun cowl, Intertwisted. A portion of the mystery KAL pattern will be revealed each Thursday in October. Each segment is full of stitches and techniques designed to grow your knitting skills. Every skill is supported with online video tutorials – it’s like having a knitting tutor 24/7! There is no registration, simply return to this page on October 4th at 9am EDT for Part 1. Fabulous prizes are generously furnished by our sponsor, Skacel Collection. Best of all – it’s FREE!
- 2 skeins Simpliworsted, 55% Merino Superwash/28% Acrylic/17% Nylon, 100g/140 yards each
- US #10 (6mm) straight or circular needles AND one set of double points
- 3 stitch holders
- 2 yards smooth worsted weight yarn in a contrasting color for waste yarn
4 stitches = 1 inch in stockinette. Gauge is not critical to this project – isn’t that refreshing!
One size fits most.
See you in October!